If you’ve got an essay to write, you could use Affordablepapers.com, a cheap reliable essay writing service, to write your paper for you, which will save you time and money. However, if this is not an option for you then you need to have some ideas of the best ways to save time when you are writing essays.
Therefore below, we will outline some reliable tips for you to take into consideration:
- 1 Save your time by being aware
- 2 Save your time when writing your notes
- 3 Save your time when reading your notes
- 4 Save your time when it comes to referencing
- 5 Save your time when looking for your notes
- 6 Save your time when it comes to organizing information
- 7 Save your time by having your word limit in mind
- 8 Save your time by making sure that your notes are organized
- 9 Save your time by leaving your introduction and conclusion until the end
Save your time by being aware
- It’s crucial that you know what is expected in your essay. Therefore, you need to ask the right questions at the start. Think about ‘when,’ ‘how,’ and ‘what’ and leave the ‘why’ until later.
- Spend your time reading your essay question carefully and note down anything that comes to mind that’s relevant straight away.
- When you are reading your question, make sure that you have understood what the question requires you to do. It may be worth highlighting any key instructional words that you spot in the question, for example, ‘ analyze’ or ‘compare’. By doing this you encourage your mind to focus on the task in front of you which will help prepare you to write your essay effectively.
Save your time when writing your notes
- When you begin to write your notes don’t write the same information more than once. For example, if you come across a source or information where an author has made the same point, don’t write this out twice. Instead, make a note of the author’s name in your margin and remember to cross-reference to your original notes.
- When you write your notes make sure you leave plenty of space beneath each note so that you can add additional details if needed at a later date.
- When you write your notes don’t write them in full sentences; it is better to use keywords and headings.
- Never waste time writing up your notes so that they are neat.
Save your time when reading your notes
- Make sure you utilize skim reading techniques and speed reading when creating your notes.
- If you use the internet for your research and notes then remember to bookmark any websites or pages that may be of use.
- If you come across some information that is interesting but not relevant, create an index card so that you can refer to it in the future.
- Don’t read any information that is not relevant. Make sure you teach yourself how to spot or read what is relevant to your essay.
Save your time when it comes to referencing
- Create index cards for every article or book that you read. Another option would be to have a file on the computer where you can record this information. It’s possible to even have a word processing package that comes with an index card option.
- Use the margin on your paper to write down the page reference which links to your source.
Save your time when looking for your notes
- Begin by brainstorm your ideas to get you thinking
- Carry a small book around with you so you can make a note of any ideas as they come to you.
Save your time when it comes to organizing information
- When you first begin making notes, you could use an index card or post-it labels as these are easy to move around to suit your essay.
- Group any information that you have written down using a highlighter pen or a number system instead of having to write all of the information out over and over again.
Save your time by having your word limit in mind
- If your essay has a 1000 word limit as opposed to a 2000 word limit, then it is obvious to say that you will take fewer notes, need to read less, and do less research overall. If you spend too much time on preparation and writing, you’ll just have to use more time at the end to reduce the notes that you have made and reduce the overall word length of your essay to ensure that you hit the stated word limit.
Save your time by making sure that your notes are organized
- If you have a notebook then this is not the best option when it comes to note writing. If you haven’t already got some, then it’s worth purchasing some pre-punched paper. This paper is useful because it allows you to rearrange your notes in your file and can be moved around between different files. As you can see, you will not be able to do this if you use a notebook.
- Once you begin note writing make sure you write each note on an individual piece of ready punched paper. This way when it comes to writing up your essay, you can move around your notes as required. It is also worth putting a heading on each note so that you can organize your notes back into a file once you have finished.
Save your time by leaving your introduction and conclusion until the end
- Leave the introduction and conclusion until the end as they are usually the hardest parts of an essay to write. Once you have written the main body of your essay, you will find that it will be much easier to write your introduction and your conclusion as you will have spent a lot of time considering your argument and therefore will be very familiar with it by now.