Sports are the best way to break your routine and get into an awesome experience, no matter if you are with family or friends or even at the office . There are some or the other sports which can make your day great. But if you are getting bored with your daily life and looking out for something interesting and adventurous then skiing is a perfect sport. It offers adventure, relaxation, and a sense of balancing all together and what you end up with is a perfect memory and energetic body. No matter how and with whom you want to go out skiing, a perfect type skiing resort will be available. You can just look out the different options available for having a perfect time with your family, friends, or colleagues.
Another major reason to choose skiing as an option is, along with enjoyment it also works on the muscles of your body which completes your daily workout routine. With skiing you can exercise so perfectly that the need to go to the gym is reduced. Another benefit with this sport is, you can create your own track. You don’t have to go to the same track every time, if you are at some high points with all your equipment you can enjoy the sport without any pre-developed track and professional assistance. All such benefits and fun will surely make you choose the sport so that you can enjoy your day with your loved ones.
The best ski holiday begins with the best location. Finding the best ski resort can be challenging due to a variety of factors; Europe has more than 3,500 resorts at last count, all with their own quirks. The United States also offers ski resorts for a true ski experience. This guide has been written to thin out your choices to the best possible resort for your needs, whether you are on your honeymoon or pursuing a family vacation. This will make it easier for you to select the place depending on where you are and with whom you are. So, let’s just have a look about what all options you have to experience this great sport.
Want to Take the Kids? Choose Méribel
- The “Magic Fun Factory” offers lessons to children between the ages of 4 and 13.
- The “Magic Garden” area serves as an enclosed play area for children and offers plenty of activities, complete with a “magic carpet.”
- The Oxygène Bear serves as a mascot to play around with the kids who come to Three Valleys and its magic garden.
- Hotel Helios has plenty of spa and wellness accommodations for mom and dad to enjoy while away from the kids.
- Multiple family zones exist, allowing you to plan out entire expeditions of hunting after life-size replicas of various animals in forests, tunnels and caves. There are also plenty of opportunities to just go sledging as a family.
- Altiport’s “Inuit Vullage” offers igloo-building, snowball fighting and other amusements themed around ice and snow.
- Help yourself to hot cocoa, cocktails and tapas at the Copiña bar.
- Anyone with an appreciation for history will not be let down in Méribel. Not only does this resort feature a Baroque church that was reconstructed in the late 17th Century but the regional history of this entire valley is also contained within a museum in Les Allues.
Planning a Romantic Getaway? Set a Course for Courchevel
Courchevel is made of four distinct villages connected by lifts, pistes and roads.
- “Courchevel 1850” is the perfect venue if you favor fine dining, luxury and boutique shopping. It also enjoys a reputation as a gorgeous Alpine village with breath-taking vistas to really set the ambiance between lovers.
- “Aquamotion” is Europe’s largest mountain water park and well-known for its sea caves, Turkish baths, spas and bubble baths.
- “Hotel le Chabichou” has a wonderful spa and wellness center, allowing for plenty of watery relaxation without dealing with the general public encountered at Aquamotion.
- At just 80 minutes from the Chambery airport, the village is easy to reach. You can simply transfer to a private vehicle that is driven by uninformed individuals to give your romantic trip a stylish beginning.
- “Verdons by Night” happens every Wednesday evening and offers nocturnal skiing with stellar musical accompaniment.
Favor Après-ski? Val d’Isère Has You Covered
Val d’Isère sees more UK visitors than any other resort. This is a place known for action, thriving nightlife and high-altitude skiing.
- Dining options include bistros, Savoyard restaurants and even pubs.
- Bellevarde is the resort’s most esteemed slope that routinely shows up in skiing tournaments that include the Winter Olympics.
- La FolieDouce, located at the top of La Daille, is the top ski bar, providing live music and cabaret performances beginning at 3 p.m.
- Doudoune has the best acoustics in the Alps and decor inspired by “Tomorrowland.” Notable DJs of this venue include Danny Howard and David Guetta.
- La Vallée Perdue piste is the best ski run on the continent but is suited for intermediate or expert skiers due to being a canyon environment.
Are You a Thrill-Seeker? Rush to Val Thorens
Val Thorensiss the tallest European resort that enjoys plenty of snowfall. These optimal conditions have encouraged a desire for constant improvement and pleasing clients, making it a repeat winner of “World’s Best Ski Resort.” You can pursue doorstep skiing from any spot, making it ideal for experts and first-timers.
- Dive under ice in Lac de Lou.
- Try the highest ice track in Europe
- Both paragliding and paramotoring options.
- 1300m zip line across the entire valley.
- 6km long toboggan run during day or night.
- Val Thorens sees several festivals, including Festi Val Tho and Boarderweek.
Favor a Mixed Vacation? Try La Plagne
La Plagne remains a common choice for those on holiday due to its wide variety of courses and off-piste activities.
- Plenty of options for experienced skiers.
- Guides can take you to the best slopes and runs.
- Plenty of opportunities for tree dodging in the woods near the Derby lift.