Most of us love to go out shopping, but it can be a frustrating experience if you are unable to fit into your old sizes and measurements. Many people suffer from different types of health disorders because of being overweight.
It becomes very difficult to get back in shape if we ignore the weight gain for many years. Even the exercises and workout do not seem to help. If all your efforts are not giving you the desired results, then it will be in your best interest to look for medical solutions to lose your body weight.
When we talk about surgical options for losing weight, people are worried if something would go wrong. Many more are undecided about what method to choose. There are two options you can choose from:
- Bariatric surgery
Before getting into those topics, let’s understand why you will need liposuction or go through surgical weight loss procedures.
There could be many reasons for you being overweight. Some of the common ones are:
- Sedentary Lifestyle
- Inadequate physical activities
- Depression and compulsive eating
- Choosing heavy foods over healthy food
- Improper food timings
- Inadequate rest and sleep
If you allow these bad lifestyle practices to continue for many years, then you will put on a lot of weight, or maybe even become obese. When all other weight loss method seems to fail, you will be left only with surgical solutions. However, it is important for you to get it done by a qualified Doctor.
Where to get liposuction?
If you are looking for a professional liposuction clinic in Scottsdale, Arizona, then you must check out the Infini Phoenix Liposuction clinic.
If you are unable to pay for the surgery at one shot, then you can check out the financing options that are offered by them. The fat removal procedure can be done on any part of your body. They also offer additional discounts on choosing more target areas for fat removal.
To know more, visit their website: www.phoenixliposuction.com.
What is Bariatric Surgery?
The doctor will recommend either the lap-band gastric bypass or the gastric sleeve surgery, depending on individual cases. It will basically help in suppressing your hunger so that you don’t end up overeating all the time. If you follow it up with a healthy diet and sufficient physical exercises, then the results will be permanent.
Who are the ideal candidates for bariatric surgery?
This surgery is recommended by doctors for various people. The ideal candidates to take up this procedure are extremely overweight or obese people, with BMI exceeding 35. If such overweight people have multiple complications like hypertension and diabetes, then it becomes next to impossible for them to lose their body weight with exercises and a healthy diet alone.
The only solution for people with such problems is to go for surgery on the intestine and stomach. However, it is important for you to lead a healthy lifestyle after recovering from the surgery. You will have to take all the necessary steps to ensure that you do not put on excessive weight gain. After the surgery, many people have been able to recover from their other health problems that were caused because of being overweight.
What is Liposuction?
Liposuction is the invasive procedure used for the removal of accumulated fat from targeted areas of the body. It is considered more as a cosmetic procedure, as it is not performed on body organs. It helps in making the body look more proportionate by removing the storage of fat cells in certain areas.
Who can get liposuction?
Liposuction surgery is comparatively safer, which is why it is recommended to just about anybody who wishes to lose body weight without doing exercises.
If your BMI is less than 30%, doctors well mostly recommend this procedure. It will not be as effective on obese people having a BMI of more than 35%. If there are certain areas in your body that are not responding to your weight loss efforts, then you can consider going for the liposuction.
The procedure is carried out with fat sucking equipment, which is made to enter through the skin. Here again, you can easily put on weight again if you are not careful about your lifestyle after the procedure.
Difference between Liposuction and Bariatric Surgery:
As both methods solve the same problems, people usually get confused between liposuction and weight loss surgery. Read on to know about how to distinguish these two procedures so that you will know which one will best suit your weight loss needs.
- Liposuction is more like a cosmetic treatment because it helps in removing fat from targeted areas and restructuring the body shape. On the other hand, bariatric surgery is recommended only for obese patients, as it involves addressing the digestive organs and complex medical procedures.
- Liposuction involves the use of a cannula and vacuum device to suck out fat cells. The Bariatric surgery procedure addresses the digestive organs like the stomach, so that the body does not absorb excess food.
- Liposuction many invoke using medical equipment like ultrasound and can be laser-assisted. Weight loss surgeries can b sleeve gastronomy, adjustable gastric band, and gastric bypass.
- The results will be slower with bariatric when compared to liposuction. You can see noticeable results with liposuction immediately after the surgery.
- Bariatric surgery is a medical procedure on the intestine and stomach, whereas liposuction fat removal can be done anywhere on the body.
- Bariatric surgery will cost you much more than liposuction, but there can be many factors that determine the cost.
- Weight loss surgery can give you permanent results if you lead a healthy lifestyle.
- People with a BMI of over 35 can choose to have bariatric surgery, but only people with less than 30 can get liposuction.
Why choose liposuction?
The method to choose depends upon the patient who wants to go for the treatment. If you are suffering from serious health conditions and cannot lose weight after consistent efforts, then you should go for weight loss surgery. If you are just concerned with ‘problem areas’ and do not suffer from obesity, then you should choose liposuction.